Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall Parties and Fall Treats


















Today at lunch Addyson and her classmates had their Fall Party. I was asked to sort of "head up" the thing(which stressed me out at first, but really, 4 year olds are easy to please). We brought in chicken nuggets for their lunch, they got to decorate sugar cookies, play a few Halloween games, and we gave them all treat bags. I think the party was a success, the kids seemed to have a great time.
After the party it was too much to go home then turn around to come get Addyson, so Delaney and I stayed and watched her and her friends play on the playground, I think she was pretty excited about that.

Once we got home I got rounded up my 2 special helpers(well, one of the helpers delegated duties from her highchair while eating chocolate goldfish crackers) and we decided to make our favorite Fall treat, caramel apples. We planned on making them last night, but nights don't really go all that well in our house, so doing it today was a much better idea. I think they turned out pretty yummy looking. Tonight we're having dinner over at the Katy house with Bud and LeeAnn and the Popes, so I'll be bringing the apples for dessert, hope everyone likes them!

1 comment:

Nolo and Lauren said...

looks like sooo much fun. i loved being a kid at halloween. hope ya'll have a great night