Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Fun










































































We had SUCH a great Halloween this year... I don't remember enjoying it this much, except when I was a kid of course!
Addyson dressed up as Princess Belle(her all time favorite Disney Princess), and I even put a little blush and lipstick on her, she looked so pretty! Ryan was a little leery of that, but he needs to get used to it, he does have a house full of girls after all;-)
I made a pot of chili to make Frito Pies for the Trick-or-Treaters and candy giver-outers. It turned out really yummy. The Popes, minus Tanner, and Bud and LeeAnn came over to help join in the fun. Ryan, Derryk, LeeAnn and myself took Dawson, Hayden and Addyson around the neighborhood to collect as much loot as they possibly could, and Melanie and Bud stayed behind to give out the candy. I had all intentions of maybe taking Delaney around to see a few of our neighbors, but by 6:30 she just couldn't handle it and had to go to bed. I dressed her up, but that only made her more mad, so the ladybug costume quickly got taken off. She had a long day so I understood. There will be plenty of opportunities for her to Trick-or-Treat!

We were done by about 8:00, and that was plenty of time for the little ones; they got back to the house, dumped out their candy, and Dawson even laid down next to all of his, it was a funny sight.

We let Addyson pick out a few pieces of candy before it was bath time, not a girl after my own heart though, she's more like her Gramma and Dad, she chose the most sour pieces of candy in the bag. I say go for the CHOCOLATE! She was in bed after 10:00, so we'll see what happens as today progresses!
***And yet another milestone for Delaney, she took her very first step Halloween Day! YAY Delaney!***

4 comments:

McKee Family said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Your girls looked great in their costumes. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Amy said...

I'm glad you had such a fun Halloween!

kristyo15 said...

Too cute! We actually took Trey and Emery back to good ole' Roebourne!! I will probably be 40 still wanting to Trick or Treat and do Night of Lights in Prestonwood! But tell your parents that we were the obnoxious people ringing the door bell and knocking even though their candy was out on the doorstep!!! :) ha ha. I was hoping the people that live in our old house was home, just to catch a glimpse in. No such luck.

Have a good weekend!

Nolo and Lauren said...

sounds like it was a blast. i love her trick or treat bag.