Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mid-Week Dinner

Whew! What a morning, and it's not even 11:00 yet! Now that I officially have 3 children, life is even more hectic;-) Delaney is teething like the dickens and seems really tired so she's in her bed, and Addyson and the dog are outside playing in the backyard. I have some much needed quiet time...

I was trying to figure out what to have for dinner tonight, and of course, I want to use my crock pot. I found a recipe that looks easy and good.

Here it is;

Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice

3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 cans of cheddar cheese soup
3/4 of a soup can of milk (about 1 cup)
1 small can mushrooms
Pinch of dried basil
1 clove garlic, chopped finely
Parsley
Cooked rice-make as much or little as you want, we like lots

Everything but the cooked rice goes into the crock pot on high for about 4 1/2 hours, or until chicken is tender. Serve over rice, with the cheddar sauce spooned over all.

Enjoy!

Off to clean the kitchen, fold some laundry, and maybe, just maybe, I'll find the time to sit down and catch my breath, but probably not, haha

No comments: