Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thomas Robert Amerman...1/26/48 - 2/5/09


Early this morning my Dad's youngest brother, Tom, passed away after a lengthy battle with Multiple Sclerosis. He fought this disease to the bitter end and I have much admiration for him.

What a GREAT person this man was! Tom was the true life of the party and always had big hugs and kisses to give out, I loved that about him. When I was younger I always noticed the special relationship that he and my Dad had. It was one that I hoped my sisters and I would have when we were older.
He and his wife Patty, my aunt that passed away from Cervical Cancer just before Ryan and I married in 2003, were so much fun to be around. They always had awesome gatherings at their house, and as kids we always looked forward to going to Uncle Tom and Aunt Patty's house for any occasion.

As I got older Tom and Patty became good friends to me, not only my aunt and uncle. There was one Sunday I had dinner with them at their house and I had a lot weighing on my mind. After talking with them both about it I had a greater peace about what was bothering me.

I feel truly blessed to have known, and been able to be a niece to this amazing person. Thank you for many, many laughs, hugs, and memories my sweet Uncle Tom. You will be forever missed...
**This picture of Tom and I was taken at his daughter Alli's wedding in October, 2008.

4 comments:

kristyo15 said...

So sorry Heather...We'll be thinking about y'all.

Amy said...

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Nolo and Lauren said...

Sounds like he lead a wonderful and full life. How lucky he is to be back with his wife. I'm sure you'll miss him greatly. Thinking about you.

jamiebeth04 said...

Hang in there girl. It isn't easy when I think about how we lost him, but how beautiful to think about him being back with Patty and in Heaven!