Saturday, September 26, 2009

CRHS Cougar Stars Dance Clinic

Addyson is our little dancer in the family. She loves any form of it, ballet, getting her jam on, trying her hand at ballroom with her Dad, and so on...
A friend of mine told me about a dance clinic that the Cinco Ranch High School Cougar Stars were putting on so I figured this would be right up the little one's alley. It was from 12-5, pretty much all day, so I wasn't sure how she'd feel about that. She was fine with it, in fact, when I brought her to the school one of the girls on the drill team took her by the hand, then they skipped off and I didn't even get a wave or a , "Bye, Mom!" Instead of making me sad, I was relieved...
At 4:30 that afternoon all the families of the girls in the clinic were invited to come up to the school and see a performance that the girls put on. It was so CUTE! They did a short routine to Miley Cyrus', "Pumpin' Up The Party"(Addyson's new favorite song, of course). I was a bit worried if she'd freeze up while dancing in front of so many people but she did great! She was so excited to show off her new skills that she seemed to get over any nervousness pretty quick.

Ryan got some pics of her, but I guess the lighting was wrong, or maybe the camera was on the wrong setting. Either way the pics are still good...

Glad that Addyson had such a great time doing this, maybe one day she'll go far with this dancing thing??

No comments: