Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thank Goodness for Super Why and Beautiful Weather!

What a beautiful day we're having in Katy, TX today! When Addyson's carpool came to pick her up this morning for school I couldn't believe how nice it was outside. I came back in, got Lane and myself dressed then got ready to go on a run. It makes running so much more enjoyable when the sun isn't pounding on you and you have a cool breeze to go along with it. I was able to run faster and go farther this morning, yay me :)

As soon as we got back home Lane starts yelling, "Super Why MAMA, Super Why!" She is in love with this show on PBS. Ryan and I have recorded a few episodes so we'll have them on hand for emergencies, ha ha She's been watching it while I've gotten a few things done around the house.

I'm making what looks to be an easy, yummy, and fairly healthy dinner for us tonight. Ryan came home from work yesterday and announced that he'd only had 600 calories so far that day. Hmmm. Guess he's trying to tell me he's starting to watch what he eats, I can take a hint! No more Blue Bell for him, and if you know Ryan you know behind his family, this is his favorite thing, ever.

Here's what's on the menu for tonight, along with some fresh green beans;

Chicken Cordon Bleu

8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 slices of deli ham, thinly sliced
8 slices Swiss Cheese
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2 cups Corn Flakes, crushed
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. parsley flakes

Flatten chicken breasts with a meat mallet. Place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on top of flattened chicken. Roll chicken up and secure with a toothpick. Whisk together eggs and milk. In a separate dish, blend corn flakes with seasonings. Dip chicken in egg mixture and roll in corn flakes. Place in greased baking pan. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.

And I found another recipe that looks good, think I'll make it and give it to a neighbor or something, I don't need to consume any more carbs than I do. I love to bake things, but know I don't need to be eating them!

Sour Cream Sweet Bread

1 1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sour cream
3 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg

Cream first 5 ingredients together. In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together. Mix dry ingredients with creamed mixture. Pour batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Both recipes came from this cookbook, and it's a good one!

No comments: